Below are guidelines for conducting Part-time and Sandwich programmes in Nigerian universities, which universities currently operating Part-time programmes are expected to comply with on programme by programme basis.
Consequently, universities still interested in running Part-time programmes are advised to forward fresh applications to the NUC on programme by programme basis.
This is, however, subject to the readiness of the university to comply with the following
extant guidelines on part-time programmes:
1. The admission and graduation requirements, Staffing, Library and physical facilities requirements must be in line with the Benchmark Minimum Academic Standards (BMAS) for the various full-time academic programmes;
2. For a programme to be eligible to run on part-time basis, the approved full-time equivalent must be available in the university, must have earned full accreditation and must be run within approved campuses;
3. The enrolment into part-time programmes must not exceed 20% of total students’ population in the programme;
4. The minimum duration of the part-time programmes must be 150% of the approved duration of the Full-Time equivalent;
5. Approval shall not be granted for part-time programmes in Environmental Sciences, Engineering/Technology, Law, Medicine/Medical Sciences, Pharmacy/Pharmaceutical Sciences, Dentistry; and Veterinary Science;
6. All admissions into part-time programmes must be through the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB). Part-time programmes must be run within approved campuses of universities where the human and material resources for the teaching of the programmes are domiciled, i.e. on the main campus of the university;
7. Part-time programmes shall be subjected to the NUC accreditation assessment upon
maturity of the programme;
8. For any programme to be eligible for part-time mode, it must have produced two (2) sets of graduates and satisfied the Resource Verification Requirements.
9. Commencement of a part-time programme MUST be subject to NUC’s approval. Approval of commencement of all part-time programmes must be obtained.
The National Universities shall not hesitate to apply appropriate sanctions on any university which violates any of the stipulated Guidelines on Part-Time and Sandwich Programmes.
For More Latest News From Nuc, Kindly Download her Weekly Bulletin Here
Score 290+ In Your Post-UTME & MyeduNigeria 2014 Official Post UTME Past Questions and AnswersDownload it Now